Mental health and learning disabilities
Mental health and learning disability staffing services
The Scottish Nursing Guild offers a specialised nursing staffing service, delivering unmatched coverage for nursing and healthcare assistant shifts across Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Mental health and learning/intellectual disability staffing
Flexible and scalable mental health and learning/intellectual disability staffing services help you overcome workforce challenges and deliver quality care when needed. Whether it’s cover for short-term staff sickness or sustained support during times of increased demand, the Scottish Nursing Guild provides workers for short- or long-term coverage depending on your requirements.
Our highly skilled team of nurses are experienced in providing care to patients with a range of conditions. Due to the varied nature of their work, they are skilled and experienced in conducting risk assessments and managing patients with behaviours of distress, effectively protecting the people in their care.
Safeguarding patients with extensive clinical expertise
The Scottish Nursing Guild upholds standards of care that go above and beyond local regulations and guidelines. Mental health and learning/intellectual disability placements utilise only nurses and healthcare assistants with the right qualifications, skills and experience to manage the demands of the role. Rigorous checks and processes ensure our agency workers have the references to demonstrate that they meet these criteria.
Our team of mental health and learning disability nurses and healthcare assistants possess exceptional qualities that set them apart:
- Versatility: Adaptability to cater to individual patient needs, whether working independently or as part of a team.
- Resourcefulness: Their skills are honed to excel in various settings, hospitals or communities.
- Risk assessment and management: They effectively assess risk and manage challenging patients with compassion and care.
- Dedication: Our mental health and learning disability professionals go above and beyond what is expected to deliver the best possible care service.
- Availability and flexibility: Our nurses are ready to travel and support clients when others cannot, whether for one-off shifts or longer-term temporary cover.
Acute and community mental health and learning/intellectual disability support
Our specialist mental health, psychiatric, learning disability and intellectual disability staff have experience in the following inpatient settings:
- Children and adolescent mental health or psychiatric units
- Psychiatric intensive care units
- Secure facilities
- Admission and assessment units
- Rehabilitation units
- Mother and baby units
- Eating disorder units
- Psychiatric rehabilitation units
- Dementia care
- Nursing and care homes
- Drug and alcohol centres
24/7 crisis intervention and one-to-one care
Mental health and learning/intellectual disability nurses and healthcare assistants are available 24/7, filling gaps in rotas, covering annual leave, or providing critical support during peak demand.
Benefit from our thorough assessment process, which ensures we send the most suitable professionals for crisis intervention or one-to-one support. Our fully briefed nurses and healthcare assistants hit the ground running, delivering the best care possible.
Urgent mental health and learning disability support
We understand the urgency of mental health and learning disability staffing needs, which is why we offer immediate and urgent support in various locations, including:
- People’s homes
- Holiday camps
- Residential and community centres
- Hospitals and day units
- Specialist mental health, psychiatric, learning, or intellectual disability units
Rest assured; our experienced nursing team is well-equipped to handle highly challenging behaviour and complex needs with utmost care and professionalism.
Offender care services when you need them most
Compassion is paramount when caring for individuals in vulnerable situations. Regardless of urgency or location, our specialist offender care nurses and healthcare assistants provide unwavering care throughout the justice system. Our nurses have extensive experience supporting children, adolescents and adults, providing quality care in challenging environments.
Our mental health nurses and healthcare assistants have experience in the following settings:
- Custody suites and police stations
- Youth offender services
- Secure facilities for children and adolescents
- Court liaison and diversion services
- Immigration removal centres
- Children and young people’s secure estate
- Secure children’s homes
- Young offenders’ institutions
- Secure training centres
- Sexual assault referral centres
- Custody escorts
Increase capacity with comprehensive mental health staffing services
Experience the exceptional dedication and skills of our nursing team, ensuring the safety and well-being of your patients regardless of the challenges they face. Get in touch to discuss your mental health, psychiatric, learning, or intellectual disability staffing requirements.